A global nutrition and lifestyle consumer products company.
Directly (solid line) to Sub Regional Controller in APAC Indirectly (dotted line) to General Manager, Japan
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
* Responsible for all the financial and accounting functions within the Japan operation.
* Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place to protect company assets, employees and operations.
* Ensure all proper accounting records are maintained with accuracy, timelines and completeness.
* Ensure all statutory tax and accounting reports and filings are prepared and submitted timely and accurately.
* Responsible for proper payments to vendors and distributors on time and accurately
* Responsible for new processes and system implementation
* Train, supervise and assist Finance staff.
Interacts with all levels throughout organization; distributors, customers, and vendors.
* Must be responsive to requests from USA and regional management.
* Communicate with all other departments to ensure financial needs are being addressed and met.
* Interacts with bankers, auditors, tax authorities, distributors, vendors, suppliers & consultants.
1. Implement and maintain PC based systems, including but not limited to all of the following: * Electronic cash management * Inventory management, working closely with warehouse department * Fixed Assets, to record and safeguard company’s assets * Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable * Financial Reports to meet Home Office reporting requirements * Financial Reports to meet local statutory reporting requirements * Financial Reports to meet local tax reporting requirements * Distributor Royalties and withholding earnings * Staff Reimbursement Claims * Appropriate data backup for all of the above
2. Meet Corporate Finance Reporting Deadlines, including but not limited to all of the following:
* Trial Balance – due by 4th working day of each month * Monthly Reporting Package on actual results – due by 5th working day of each month * Monthly BS Checklist Reconciliation – due by 20th of each month * Monthly operating expense analysis – due by 6th of each month. * Monthly Royalty analysis report * Quarterly Financial Reporting package * Quarterly Tax Stream Accrual * Year-end Financial Reporting package and local Tax package * Annual Reconciliaiton of Net Income & Retained Earnings (Local vs. US GAAP) * Periodic Tax filing per local tax regulations * Weekly Cashflow Forecast Report * Weekly headcount report
3. Corporate, Consumption and Withholding Tax * Adhere to the tax schedule and requirement * Verity to compile the tax return filing * Reply to various question from Home Office
4. Cost Accounting – Calculate, maintain and update inventory costs in Oracle; monthly reasonableness review and follow up on stock movements, cycle and physical count adjustments purchase price variances; prepare stocks journals ( e.g. Assembly, cost of sales, non-sales, destroyed, Goods in Transit, inventory reserves, etc ); prepare inventory valuation reports. Analysis monthly cost of sales percentages and level of inventory held at the warehouse.
5. Prepare various month-end journal entries and review the other journal entries from the accounting staffs
6. Treasury * Monitor daily cash balances and regularly transfer funds among several bank accounts with the proper authorization as necessary base * Report daily cash reports and 13 Weeks Cashflow Forecast on a timely and accurate basis. * Monitor daily bank book to account for all cash transaction. * Supervision for the safe keeping, movement, replenishment and supervision of the Petty Cash Fund transaction. * Supervise staff to complete treasury reports consisting of monthly bank reconciliation schedules,; * Maintain good relationship with banker
7. Account Payable * Supervision for arrangement of payments to suppliers on timely basis and payments to clear intercompany balances on a monthly basis and submit a remittance control advice. * Verify reconciliation of account payable with suppliers on a monthly basis. * Verify payee data file in local banking system such as account information to complete future wire transfer without any problem * Oversee the process between record of account payable and arrangement of payments to avoid payment error.
8. Royalty payment * Arrange funding of payments from the Royalty bank account. * Supervise Royalty payment process and negotiate with Home Office to meet due 15th and 20th when face the critical time difficulty * Responsible for the individual issue related to Distributor payment communicating with Distributor Relations department or Royalty accounting of Home Office * Supervise the maintenance for Distributor’s bank accounts file in local distributor payment system. * Response to the inquiry related to the payment status form Distributor Relations department.
9. Special Projects: * Support local and regional run Sales Events. Perform detailed analyses and Event Allocations. * Continual analysis of costs with aim of reducing company costs and improving efficiency. * Timely responsiveness to Home Office, Regional Office and Local requests for information and documents. * Ad hoc Home Office, Regional Office and local management requests as required.
* Will supervise two (2) accounting staffs and any temporary finance staff as coach and evaluator.
・Good command of English communications for business
・Good understanding and experience handling both US GAAP and J GAAP
・Have leadership and open mind
・Experience working in multinational companies
・Experience reporting to regional HQ counterparts and ability to work with Shared Service Centre staff.
・Experience managing a small team or supervising people preferred.
700 〜 800 万円